Sun Peaks is located in the interior of the British Columbia approximately 45 minute drive from Kamloops or 4.5 hours from Vancouver by road. From the Southern Hemisphere the quickest way is to fly to Vancouver then to Kamloops.
From Australia, Qantas and Air Canada fly direct to Vancouver with connections to Kamloops.
These are direct flights to Vancouver from Hong Kong and a number of other Asian Cities.
Air New Zealand has direct flights to Vancouver from Auckland.
Apartment 402 in Kookaburra Lodge, Sun Peaks features:
- 4 bedrooms sleeping 11 in comfort.
- Bedrooms configured with 2 king beds, 1 queen and bunk room with adult size bunks (s).
- En suites to 2 of the bedrooms with steam shower to master bedroom.
- Third bathroom with full bath and shower.
- Two large separate living areas with ample seating.
- Fully appointed designer kitchen with oven, cook top, microwave and dishwasher.
- Bench and table seating for 12 in kitchen.
- Separate dining room table seats 10,
- Two balconies with BBQ for summer and hot tub for winter.
- Washer, dryer and drying cabinet,
- Excellent storage throughout whole apartment.
- Speaker system wired to living areas,
- Cable TV and DVD players to both living areas together with TV to bed 1,
- WiFi throughout apartment.
- Large ground floor locker for skis and boards,
- Lift access to 4th floor.
- 2 underground secure car parks with direct lift access.
- Security code access to apartment.
From mid/late November to early/mid April Sun Peaks provides some fantastic alpine skiing in Canada’s second largest ski area.
It has terrain for beginners right through to expert level. Sun Peaks is famous for its dry “Champagne Powder” snow.
Cross country skiing, ice skating, tubing, snow shoeing and dog sledding are some other favorite activities in winter.
The local Kamloop Blazers Ice Hockey team plays in the Canadian Hockey League are also well worth a visit during the season. A bus runs from the village down to Blazer games.
During summer there is plenty to do. There is a championship 18 hole golf course that weaves it’s way through the valley and village. Both downhill and cross country mountain bike riders are well catered for with numerous trails.
Hiking is a Feature of Summer with an abundance of trails to explore.
McGillivray Lake, close to the resort is a great place to fish or kayak whilst nearby, Heffley Lake is the best swimming stand u paddle board and motor boat destination.
Winter rates from $767 to $1,772 CAD per night * plus taxes
Summer rates $487 CAD per night * plus taxes
Enquire about your stay